Saturday, March 09, 2013

Please don't chase me all over the web




I have recently been purchasing products from a company called Sportpursuit.

They provide exceptionally good deals on good quality sports and active pursuits branded products. Great service.

BUT


Not only are they good at providing products but they have an exceptionally enthusiastic and effective digital advertising department.

The result is that wherever I seem to go on the web I am followed by Sportpursuit. I applaud their efficiency but you can have too much of a good thing.

Look at the short video I made of the distracting effect of having animated ads flickering away whilst trying to read web content.

Part of me is excited by the way that companies are able to pursue their potential clients around the web but there comes a point where you get diminishing returns and I think Sportpursuit has reached that point. Having said that another parcel of my purchases arrived today.

My guess is that his sort of advertising will rankle with some older consumers. Dick Stroud

No comments: